Wednesday, June 18, 2008

2 From SLC

Hi, Salt Lake City was a blast. It was one of my favorite climbing trips of all time. I went to SLC Utah for divisionals, a Sport Climbing Series Competition, to try and win a bid at Nationals. And after two days of competing I took 5th overall and acquired a bid to nationals which are in the middle of July.(Stay updated for more info on this) And while I was in SLC, I happened to remember a nice bouldering area up in one of the canyons. I was at SLC a few years ago for my sister's volleyball nationals and she played volleyball I went bouldering. I remember trying the problem Twisted, a hard dihedral that seemed impossible. It still seemed impossible on the first day. Then after figuring out the beta I dragged my dad up the canyon with the video camera and filmed my ascent. Also I checked out the other boulders and managed to do one problem here my style, Johny's campus problem, and repeated it for the camera. LCC is a very nice bouldering area once you figure out how to get your feet to stay on the polished footholds. Check out the two new videos on my youtube website and enjoy!

No comments: