Monday, February 23, 2009

F.I.N.A.O.

Look, I got bloody, Fawn at the end of TR Mambo Jambo 5.10b Trad
Who's that sexy belayer? Jared catching Fawn on Psycho-Wussy 5.11b
Lisa and Fawn getting ready for the 5.11b TR, Smile!!

F
alling Is Not An Option. This past weekend Fawn, Lisa, Jared and I all went out to Little Si in North bend for a day on the ropes. It was the most beautiful Saturday in a long time so I was psyched to climb! As usual with Little Si, the main parking lot was full so we parked almost in a driveway in the new parking lot and the incredible/hard hike began. My cardio sucks horribly so Jared and I started up the trail. Lisa managed to get lost so it took her and Fawn an extra1/2 hour to reach WW1. By the time they got there I had already put the draws on Psycho-Wussy. By the time I clipped the chains my fingers were way too cold to try the extension (Next time!) Lisa managed to get this clean on TR and Jared and Fawn worked there way up it. All they need is some outside endurance. After this we tried BLM-3. A cool balancy 5.11b I managed to flash which was good for me because it wasn't my style. After a second lunch break we stopped over by the classic Rainy Day Women (5.12a) and Lisa managed a clean TR and Fawn worked her way to the crux. The day ended with some trad climbing on the lower crags where me, mister boulder, busted out mambo jambo(5.10b) trad route on TR clean as a whistle. Can't wait to get out to Tieton and Vantage! After a quick stop at the Dairy Freeze for shakes we headed home after an awesome day of sport climbing in the middle of February....

3 comments:

dom said...

How do you get lost going to WW1? Sounds like an awesome day with prime condtitions, i'm jelous. who put mambo jambo up? or can you walk around and set it up as a toprope?

Micah Bryan Humphrey said...

Dude! You forgot to mention your send of Hang it out to dry. Damn, Lisa sounds ready for the big gun routes, watch out Jimmy, she might just pass you after a couple more trips out there.;) Nice post.

NM said...

I always look forward to reading your posts Jimmy. Good job stretching outdoors and getting the crew out with you! Mambo Jambo was a mini epic for me...

can any of you accompany us to Smith for the weekend of March 13th?