Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Updates: Good Bye Summer...

Well, the summer has finally gone away for another year and fall is slowly rolling. Just look out the window and you'll see the ever present rain and gray, gray clouds. After Squamish I went back to Little Si twice and felt really unmotivated and decided to call it quits for 2010 at WW1. It was a fun two month ride and I really enjoyed it and plan on repeating the process next summer. Congrats to Micah on sending his long term project, Cali 5.12d!

With the rain comes plastic and I have been less than motivated for that as well. I plan on finishing the traverse within a month, good goal no? The new climbing team finally came together with a few new faces too. They'll do fine again this year and they'll be fun to watch as well. Also, we now have an after practice ring session and it was brutal and good. I'm planning on this workout to help me get a little more power for bouldering and it is fun, if not historical at times, too. The best way to train and improve is to surround yourself with other climbers who are just as psyched and motivated to do so. They don't have to be pulling 5.12 or V13, but it certainly helps, but just plain PSYCHED! Last night seeing a dozen eager faces all wanting to get as strong as possible has re-amped my psyche and has kept me motivated to stay with the gym, working as well as climbing. I feel the investment is worth it. If the community isn't there, someone has to build it right? Just my thoughts...

1 comment:

NM said...

very astute observations Jimmy. Word. "The best way to train and improve is to surround yourself with other climbers who are just as psyched and motivated to do so. " Word man.