Thursday, January 20, 2011

2011



It's been awhile since my first comp and I've come along ways since then. My first ABS comp was at Vertical World Seattle. I didn't even own a pair of climbing shoes yet! (those are John's purple Mythos). This was the Briggs YMCA climbing team's (Me) first comp. The Warehouse still wouldn't open for another two years...

Now having finally reached my goals I am hungry for more. For 2011 I just want to keep at my current level and hopefully, continue to make steady progress from year to year. With a strong crew to session and train with at the warehouse, they have made it instrumentally easier to go to the gym and work to failure on a weekly basis. Once again it'll be bouldering till may and then switch to ropes. Kevin is psyched to get back on the sharp end and it'll be cool to see what he dispatches this summer too. I also plan on doing some hard trad with Dom for a change of pace! (Ideally) Sunday at gold bar and then its up to the weather to see how many times I can my hands on some good ole' granite...

1 comment:

Micah Bryan Humphrey said...

Wow! Those pictures are cool. Blast from the past...