Friday, September 7, 2012

Portland II

A couple weeks ago I headed back down to Portland to visit and climb. I like visiting the city once at the beginning of summer and once at the end of summer. I plan on doing this for years to come. On the list this time was Rat Cave, Frenchies, and Sweet Home. Rat cave was fun but I only did a 12c, Fully Warmed, and called it good, saving some energy for the rest of the trip. I look forward to coming back and finishing off the right side of Rat Cave. The following day we invited Joe and Naomi along. It was a fun filled atmosphere with me getting my crimp on and sending a new 5.12, BSD, and then jumping on Psoriasis, a pumpy 12d. With some more enduro it should go. The route consists of tiny crimps then some shouldery throws followed by more crimps, yikes!
On Sunday Lisa and I ventured out to Sweet Home to do some bouldering. The drive is pretty far to be a Portland area but the approach was nil! The area is small but densely packed with many problems. There are still ample unmossed classics that I will have to return for. The problems are fun even though the rock is basalt. All in all it's a nice area, shaded, with swimming minuets away.
 Lisa the gimp pre send of Shitfire, 5.13c -notice the duct tape-
 Stick Clip!
 @ Frenchies on Psoriasis -before-
 -after-
Lisa squeezing on a V7 at Sweethome as Eric watches on.

No comments: