Monday, January 5, 2009

'09

Another year has come and gone but more importantly a climbing season has officially ended. 2008 was a good year for me bouldering wise. I was lucky enough to get out to Leavenworth a bunch in the spring and send some hard lines, The Coffee Cup, Fridge Left, Hanta Man, Hueco Crimper. These problems were exceptional lines and I would love to do them again. Besides going to Leavenworth a gazillion times, this summer I went on my first Squamish trip. The boulders there are amazing and very technical wit not to many long reaches. Some favorites from the trip were Tim's Sloper Problem, Airtight Garage, and Sit Down to Holm Boy. Gib's Cave was a sweet problem that will have to wait until summer. I was in Squamish for the weekend so I only sampled a fraction of the classics. Thanks to Micah for driving to the crags and everyone else for making '08 a fun and memorable year...

For the new year I would like to send a V10 and 5.13a. These have been my goals for awhile now and I'm pretty sure they will happen. Another and more important goal is to take the climbing team out and turn the gym rats into craggers and pebble pushers. The climbing future of Oly looks very impressive and in the short two months of training they have all improved immensely. Can't wait to see them blossom on the real rock and watch them eventually surpass me as the young guns always do! '09 is here and after training for a couple months in the gym I'm ready for the new season to start so lets get the cameras rolling and sends flying...

Jimmy on the Beach Arete Campus Leavenworth
Lisa (Sister) on Manta Man V9, Mad Meadows, Leavenworth WA
The WRG Climbing team at Edgeworks post comp. (Missing the Jacksons)

No comments: