Monday, May 4, 2009

Mayhem in Gotham City...

Batman almost caught in Gotham City(Leavenworth). On Sat. my sister, Mom and I all headed over the rainy mountains to Leavenworth. The rock was dry when we got there so we headed up to Mad Meadows so Lisa could finish off Hanta Man V9. We warmed up on the Pocket V4 and I jerked my shoulder a little bit. (To be honest, I wasn't that phsyced to climb, my shoulders were acting up and not wanting to pull) After this we moved over to Hanta Man and Lisa spent some time remembering the beta and now has the route worked down in two parts. (I almost repeated it and felt strong on the opening moves) Next I wanted to hop on The Sail V9. I tried it a couple times with my 5.10 dragons with no success with the right heel. After getting frustrated by not even doing the first move I put on my trusty Galileo's and sent first try! Then I showed Lisa the Jib V8 and she started playing with that and I went and tried the Peephole V11? I could do the opening moves up to the reach to the undercling. It will be fun to project this and The Ram V11 over the next few trips. Lisa successfully sen the Jib after a few goes!
It started to rain slightly so we decided to drive to the end of the paved road and saw a cool boulder that could be cleaned. On the way down we stopped at Span Man V10. The thing is hard but with some different foot beta it could go. Both Lisa and I got up to the biggest span move and got somewhat close to the hold. Our next stop was Batman.
(Now my shoulder is feeling good and surprisingly the problem was completely dry) We laid down the pads and took a look at the beta. I managed to get all the way to the crazy mantle my first go and got stuck trying to reach to the jug. After getting soooo close I kept trying untill Lisa and my Mom tied me up and dragged me away. Needless to say I can't wait to get back and send it! Over all it was a good day and the trip re-amped my bouldering pysche. Hopefully I'll be back around the end of May. Next wekkend is Little Si and I want to hop on some harder stuff and get some projects lined up. School's almost half way over too! Here's some pics...
Lisa warming up on the Pocket V4

Me getting ready to wrestle with the crux on Batman V8
Lisa getting ready to dispatch the Jib V8
The walk out from Mad Meadows...

5 comments:

NM said...

Nice job Jimmy and Lisa! Yes...I tried Batman a bunch last year...I'd like to send that with you too this summer!

NM said...

Guess who I bouldered with at the gym?! Sasha Digulian (sponsored MAd Rock climber)...she's nice. (famous for sending v10 @ 13, and just sent a route 5.13c). Read my new blog when you get a chance: http://www.pebblewrestle.blogspot.com

dom said...

Nice work jimmy, did you notice if The Sail was broken at all? I saw on 8a someone commented recenlty 'last ascent before break'.

I just got back from a short but productive day at L-worth, I sent 2 of my long term projects, The Sheild and Busted!

Micah Bryan Humphrey said...

Allright! The Sail is in the bag and Batman close behind, nice trip and Lisa sent another hard boulder, you guys are on a tear! I wish we had that kind of success with the weather but I guess Leavenworth isn't going anywhere.

jimmy said...

Yeah, there was no chalk on the crimp which left me wondering, plus the hold was now more in reach!!!! But not easier to hold!