Monday, June 8, 2009

Little Si Besisged by Boulders!

On Sunday, WW1 at Little Si was packed more than I've ever seen. Alex Fritz was there with Sam Wolfe and some other Vert. World Crew. I also finally met Bryan Burdo. He's a nice and laid back guy and gave Lisa and I some beta on Propaganda 5.12c, our current project. We warmed up on Phsyco Wussy 5.11b than I went for Pyshcosematic 5.12d and repeated clean. I debated whether or not to do the extension, but had no idea of a grade or if I could get back down! It looks cool though and I'll try it some time. Lisa almost managed the onsight Bust the Move and almost flash End of the World, both 5.12a . Dom and Laura rode up with us and Dom decides to play on the lower stuff with these cam and nut thingys!?! ;) It was a good day and I can see many more Little Si trips in my future(Lisa now thinks it's OK to climb at WW1),(Finally). Bouldering will(sadly) be put on hold until after SCS Nationals(If I make It). Divisionals are this weekend and we leave on Thursday to drive down to Sacramento.

2 comments:

Micah Bryan Humphrey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Micah Bryan Humphrey said...

Good job to Lisa getting on and almost sending some of those great .12a's. End of the World is a great line, nice job on the onsight Jimmy. You should definitely try the extension to Psychosomatic, it's mostly big jugs until the 3rd or 4th clip and then it gets intense and ends on a devastatingly hard last crux move just before the chains. I look forward to this summer climbing with Nick and you and crimping our way into the .13's!!