Sunday, March 14, 2010

Plastic Pullin'

Just a quick update, over the weekend Lisa competed at the MAC Multnomah(Portland) Athletic Club's TR Long Haul Comp. The gym is in a basketball court, and covers the entire length of the court. The walls are Entre Prises panels and a cool gym, but by far too small. Lisa ended up in first, out of 3! Afterwards we headed over to Club Sport for some enduro(60 foot walls!) After flashing their hardest boulder problem(V9 from some sort of Comp) I tried the imposing 13-, pumping out at the entrance to the crux. Next up was a 12+ and I managed the onsight to the last clip, missed a hold and fell. Two minutes later, clipped the chains for a 1 hang! This is the first real test of my sport climbing strength gained from the few weeks of training I've been doing and I'm just a little behind where I was last year pre SCS Nationals. I'm definitely in good bouldering shape so that will be my focus for the next month or two. Then it's off to chasing down Dom and nabbing the 8a #1 sport climber title he's had for too long now! (Pathetic motives, but at least it gets me on a rope)
-jimmy Let the count down begin, 1 week, 2 days, 2 tests, 10 page paper, BISHOP!

No comments: