Saturday, June 29, 2013

End of Spring Updates

This blog may have been inactive for the past 5 weeks but I can't say the same for myself. Teaming up with Keath or Amber I've been roaming the Cascades bouldering like crazy. We stumbled upon some untouched boulders in a talus field beneath Mt. Baring. While sadly not granite, the plus side is that we can retain skin while scaling tall boulders composed of Little Si-esc rock. I also spotted a few big boulders in a Talus field near Wellington. I looked for photos of the area but due to no trails in the vicinity it was a trek trough rough brush when Amber and I ventured out to the. We stopped at the first talus and found some smaller stuff on cool granite boulders. We'll come back for the gems later this summer. The scenery was beautiful with white granite talus, green shrubs, grey granite walls topped off with crisp blue skies! Besides expouldering we also managed an index and Leavenworth day. Index was a fun day with no sends but Leavenworth Keath and myself busted out a send of Aggressive Reject, v9, a gnarly crimp line I never thought I would jump on. The move is cool and the holds are the perfect size so all in all it was a pretty cool two mover.

I also attended Graduation and if I don't mess up my three summer classes will have successfully acquired a Bachelors of Science in Civil & Environmental Engineering. To get ready for fall and psyched for summer gym climbing I started a 4-3-2-1 training cycle. I'm currently in the 3 week phase and already feeling good about my climbing. I just need to spend more time in the gym which will happen after Aug. 23 when I will be officially done with Undergrad!!

 College Educated, probably should've spent less time doing this (Below) ...            ;)
 The Secret Window, Barring. Cleaned the top out now to project the 45 degree granite column!
 Me gettin' my crimp on Aggressive Reject, Leavenworth
The giants of Barring. Not granite but they are skin friendly boulders. Can't wait to FA some beautes!

1 comment: