Monday, November 17, 2008

Dyno to Leavenworth

Thawk, Thump. Thwak, thump, Thwak.... Someone just sent Numba 6 dyno. This past Saturday the Warehouse Rock Gym of Olympia celebrated its 4th anniversary with a dyno comp and other festivities. We had about 15 brave souls turn up for the Dyno comp and they started to throw themselves at he sic Dynos. I had my camera and since I was trying most of the Dynos I gave it to Fawn and Sierra and they caught a lot of the action. The music was blasting and people were flying all over the place. It was a fun afternoon. When the comp was over, there was a rumor going around about a trip to Leavenworth on Sun. When all was set in stone, Micah, Dom, Laura, Jeremy and I went to Leavenworth in the morning and met up with Jessie and his crew from Evergreen who stayed the night. They joined us in forestland and had a pretty relaxed day trip compared to the other day trips we have taken. (See Micah's blog for past day trips) It was fun climbing in the fog infested boulders with perfect friction. I managed two hard problems and I'm glad the training has been paying off. The video will come soon once I get some rest from the busy weekend. It was a perfect way to end the '08 climbing season in Washington. Now its time to hit the plastic and get ready for spring which will be sooner than we know it...

-jimmy

No comments: