Monday, August 10, 2009

Monkey with brains...



A famous quote from the Dominator as he stuck the victory jug on Graven Image after overshooting on his last throw. Yesterday the Oly crew(Dom, Laura, Micah, Greg, Nicholas, and ME) all went out to Little Si and did some of this sport climbin'. Nicholas was on a one track mind set to hop on Chronic ('cause he already did the first half for Californicator). I admired his psyche and headed on up to catch him a couple times as he found his beta and clipped the chains. After two more goes he did the route with only a couple falls and no long takes! He'll definitely send this climb in the future! As for me, I wasn't feelin' the Little Si psyche but I tried Hydrophobia and got farther this time. It will go soon. Then the rest of the crew joined us and we played around on Graven Image, a short two move 5.12c. I should've flashed but decided too late to try my heel hook beta, Oh well! I've also decided to make it a new routine of mine to always do at least one new problem per trip, no matter what the grade.
UPDATES
An older update but Jared and I went to Neverland and did the 3 pitch lost Boys(5.9 5.10a 5.7) It was Jared's first multipitch and he did an excellent job. The view from the top is beautiful and there is a nice ledge to belay/look at the scenery (Yes, I use a grigri) Then we headed over to Nevermind to do some single pitch stuff and I finished off The Goblet(5.12b) finally, using the correct holds. I also found a cool short and bouldery project, Deliverance(5.13b). It was a pretty muggy day but all in all it was fun.
-Olympia Area bouldering is almost on the map now, these two boulders are 45ish min. from the WRG.

Me on the V0, Hillbilly Hiker ;) 

Me on a cool V6 doing the first crux move. 

The main boulder looking at the V0 on the left. 


The first boulder, 7 feet Tall!

Brushes anyone

No comments: