Wednesday, October 7, 2009

2 Day Boulder Trip

It's starting to sound like a broken record, Leavenworth, Leavenworth, Leav... Last weekend Meg, Jeremy, and I headed east for a two day boulder fest. We met up with Kyle and Derick who arrived earlier. First stop was Mad Meadows where we ambled around looking for somethin' to warm up on. After a while(More coffee for Meg and Jeremy) we warmed up by the Peephole and worked our way over to Harry Spotter. Meg and Jeremy got to work and pretty soon all three of us topped it out! After the warm up we headed to Twisted tree where I managed the send of both Twister(V7) and Scrambled Eggs(V8). After messing around we headed up to JY and I gave Mad Max a couple of burns, but I got shut down cold on the very last move!
After a surprising warm night(around 45 instead of the predicted 33!) we headed over to the Icehouse and played on the moderates with Jeremy snatching another V5. The next destination was Mountain Home Road. None of us have ever been up there before and the view was unbelievable! I would absolutely put my house above the Star Wars boulder. After eating lunch a top of the boulder, Jeremy and I got to work climbing the steeper side. After cleaning up all the easier lines we migrated down to the cattleguard arete(V8) which was a little easier than how Micah descirbed it. After basking in the warm sun, we called it quits early and made it back to Oly in time for dinner. One of my goals was to actually film and I succeeded! A 5 min. vid will be posted shortly with sends from Jeremy, Meg and myself. Some climbs featured are Harry Spotter, Emperor's Lightning, Darth Maul, Little Bear and a couple others.
It took so long for the update because at school, climbing on the weekends means 12 hour days of School/Work. It SUCKS! but the benefits will be nice. Also, sign up for the WRG COMP! It is Oct. 17th. Sign up NOW. LOTS of good prizes. I hear there are some free shoes, free clothes and free gift cards!
-jimmy

1 comment:

dom said...

Nice haul Jimmy! I'm looking forward to the vid, maybe it'll inspire me to get out the crash pads. You make everything sounds so easy, you think Cattleguard Arete is soft eh? hmmm...