Saturday, October 17, 2009

South Sound Pull Down III

Cool...That's my feeling post comp. I've spent 30 of the past 72 hours in preparation for the Third Annual South Sound Pull Down. We had a good turn out this year, somewhere around 70 competitors. The local turn out was amazing, especially with the masters! Plus we had a handful of hard pullers from Portland and Seattle, (thanks guys, it made for an exciting day!). And, like every year, every single competitor left the comp with a prize in hand! Sponsors rock!
The little gym is finally growing up. It's eyeopening to see how much the gym has changed since the first days it was open, back when I was a youngin' with no footwork. With different ideas flowing in and out of the gym, it has now evolved a more respectable reputation. This was the first year I felt comfortable enough to send out fliers to all the other gyms. The turnout from other gyms was less than expected(due to Stone Gardens last minute Pump a thon comp on the same day...) but still a start. With winter '09 approaching expect more awesome sessions like the one at the comp. A positive vibe and some competition can lead to some pretty amazing sends, and surprise winners!
Another little detail is now that I'm able to set whatever it has been a blast setting for you guys and I enjoy continuing it. When the rock gym opened, I was 'before my time' sort of speak, and wasn't allowed to set hard routes and had issues with, a, supervisors... But the Warehouse is a friendly climbing community that continues to grow. I've been out climbing with more new people this year than ever before. Thanks y'all for coming down and making all the work of setting worth it! See ya 20 '10 .

Results posted soon, vid coming soon.

No comments: