Sunday, June 6, 2010

Signs of Summer: L-twon part II

The Tree Problem-Leavenworth from Jimmy C. on Vimeo.


Well last weekend wasn't enough to satisfy our craving for granite blocks so Micah and I headed back out to finish up some business. The first stop were the sword boulders where I messed around on zorro some more then after playing on a few others I steered Micah towards the Tree Problem, V8. After an almost flash, he sent shortly after and I managed to make one of my best vids ever! After this success we packed up and made the hike to the Bond Boulders above the Fridge. We threw the pads down and began hucking off of From Russia with Love, V9. Then Micah remembered the key toe hook and the problem became doable. I was managing the first move pretty well and was hucking top the sun-basking lip, slipping off and landing 2-3 past the pads on the nicely built up landing(Which freaked out Micah every time but I'm over my fear of falling while bouldering). The climax was the desperate two hander that failed. After sticking the lip for a few seconds then falling I called it quits and it was off to Geronimo.
Once here I gave it a good burn and managed the send first go of the day as micah was about to take out the camera, oh well. Then at Yoda The brutal huck-fest began again but this time Micah pointed out a small left foot and, well, a few burns later and I was up on top! Micah came close too a lot of times the sun peaked over the boulder and zapped the phsyche right out of us. We then decided to throw in the towel and a good successful last L-town trip and started planning the Little Si summer. I'll probably be back to Leavenworth with the family but ideally not till October...

1 comment:

dom said...

Just watched the vid. Is that the legit finish to the problem? It still looks sweet! A doable V8 for someone like me?