Sunday, June 27, 2010

One Down...

After Fridays reopener of the Sport Climbing season at Little Si, Micah and I decided to head on out for a return trip. I got dropped off at the base due to lisa's Vollyball match, and headed on up the trail an hour early until Micah arrived. After a quick burn on Psycho for a warm up I hopped on Californicator 5.12d and managed a clean one hang. I then gave it a second burn and one hanged a bolt further. I was decently tired by now and after a 1/2 hour or so of rest I gave it another burn just cause and before I knew it I was at the 'typewriter hold'!! This is the high point from last year. Then I got mentally prepared and busted out left on the smiley face crimp, moved the feet up, hit the sidepull, and then moved my left hand to a gaston just below the actual one, and then hit the hold and crossed the other up and then one last cross to the mid-jug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was my all time high point! I then mentally relaxed and began the 7 minute shake out. After I collected myself I then headed through the upper part that felt easier this year and I managed to stick every hold and honed in the feet and sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was happy and surprised but Micah was more surprised.

3 comments:

NM said...

Congrats Jimmy... signs of things to come for you man. Good work.

NM said...

Jimmy note: use this web address for my blog link http://pebblewrestle.blogspot.com

dom said...

That was a quick send. Did you continue up into techno, to try Californication as well?