Thursday, November 4, 2010

Gold Bar: Unfinished Buisness

With class canceled on Wednesday, Derik, David Allwine, Kevin and I were able to leave early than expected and go bouldering. It was a toss up between Upper Gold Bar or Leavenworth and gold bar won. So with the mondo, a double, and two triples we made the moderate hike up to the boulders. Fraggle Rock was the first stop and after a quick warm up, Obesity V7 and Obesity direct V8 went down. I tried Obesity three years ago on my first trip here, we drove a minivan up, and haven't been back to the boulder since. David also sent in a couple burns.
Next up was Doja V7 and Doja low V8 which both went first burn of the day. I've tried these lines previously but never had enough firction/umph. The send train was arriving. First was David, than Derik, and after a dab Kevin!
I then tried Twisted V10 and Equinox V10 but failed, miserably. I'm pretty confident they'll both go when the sun isn't beam'm on the holds and with some fresh guns. And I'm still really psyched to hike back up to them!
Next we took shelter in the Sanctuary and headed to the Samurai Boulder. First up was Samurai V4 and both David and I sent. Than we all projected Hagakuri V8 and after some beta refining, I sent! With some time to kill Kevin and I both flashed Road to Zion V5 and by then the sun was setting fast, but not fast enough to stop David from giving Ross Bongo V8 a couple burns. He has it in two parts and the next sunny day he'll send it for sure.

5 comments:

Micah Bryan Humphrey said...

Nice job everyone!
Hey Jimmy, don't you have a camera!!?? Let's get some pictures going on this blog!

Anonymous said...

yeah, where is the "film" in red point FILM!?

Kyle O'Meara said...

I agree...more 'film' and less grade spray would be SWEET! Good job climbing all those super fun and beautiful problems!

NM said...

YeaH JIMMY! lol (good job) I remember our first time on Obesity- such an awesome looking boulder

jimmy said...

Sorry, all the footage is being saved for the new movie. Which is now finished and premiering (hopefully)early September. I know, need to get a real camera...