Monday, September 21, 2009

Finally...

Whoo0-hoo. I finally managed to get out to Leavenworth and climb! Sort of. The car was packed with Alexe, photo dude friend of Lisa, Russ climbing team superstar, and of course me. This was Russ's first outdoor climbing trip so we rolled into the forestland parking lot. To my surprise, only one other group was there. We warmed up on Breadline (V0) (the start broke a little) then Lisa set to work on One Summer Crouch (V6) which she eventually sent. I surprised myself with a first go repeat of the shield (V7). After messing around, we ventured to upper forestland so Lisa could work Kobe Tai (V8). Meanwhile, Russ and I headed out to do some easier stuff. We made our way over to Bad Moon Rising (V2), a slab, which took him only three tries to complete. First try he fell off the start, second try fell off around ten feet and scidded down(scarrry), third try sent so easily it made me jealous. He frikin cruised right up it! I managed the flash but with some hesitation (Sadly, I didn't get to try the Hessitator V1) After doing some other porblems we finally move on to the Sword. Lisa doesn't fully understand the art of a Leavenworth day trip, she thinks that time is to be easily wasted ...
Once we arrived at the sword boulders Both Lisa and I ticked off, The Sword (V3), The Dagger (V3), and Yo, Baby (V6). Russ did another V2 flash of the Classic. I also managed a send of Cole's Corner (V8/9) via a shoulder ripping dyno. With little sunlight left, we headed over to the Cotton Pony and played on the Pony Ride(V4) and Tampax Arete(V4). It was a pretty good trip but the sun is still blkazin' hot, fall is just around the corner an' I'm dying to turn it... -jimmy

Here are some pics from Yelm...
A crag, route quallity unkown
The Balla Boulder, potential traverse through steep part.

No comments: