Saturday, July 17, 2010

Little Si: Gerbil Killer

So this was my fourth day on and I wasn't expecting much after beating myself up at gold bar. Well Nicholas, recent town arrival, and Micah, and I headed out to the normal twice a week destination, WW1. After a rather pumpy warm up on Pyscho-wussy I Decided to give Gerbil Killer a go and see what happens since my draws are on it for the summer(or 'till the Oly crew sends it). This time i listened to the ample recommendations to do the first 3 clips of Psycho-wussy instead of gerbil due to the better 5.11 climbing. I said why not and stripped the first three draws. Then I headed on up psycho with the long draws and began the gerbil experience. I did the underclings fine then blanked out on the last moves of the slab forgetting a key hand hold. After this I did a quick shake on the 'jug' and did the uber lock off and the nthe crimp to the pyschosamtic jug. Now came the hard part. I did all the moves here clean but my forearms were pushed to their limits! I just kept my hands in the crimp position and threw the shoulders to the left and hit the jug! YES! Another climb form the list down! Nicholas had another good day re-sussiing the Chronic 5.13b beta and looking strong. Once he joins the ranks of oly/little si regular he'll be unstoppable and will most certainly finish off some Little Si Classics. Micah had an off day but will send his stuff soon, i think he just needs a mental boost. So, now the list looks like Chronic(3 hanged) 13b, Flatliner 13c and maybe Oval Orffice 13a. Back on Monday...

No comments: